The biggest mistake people make in life…
I firmly believe that the biggest mistake people make in life is using the “Popcorn” button on the microwave.
It just never works the way its supposed to.
My experience with the button is that, for regular sized bags of microwavable popcorn, it results in a half to two thirds popped bag of corn with a bunch of unpopped kernels. For miniature sized bags, it burns the popcorn.
Yes I know this is 2011, but I need to instruct those of you who do not know how to use a microwave to pop any bags of popcorn designed for the microwave. Also, a variation of these instructions should be printed on each bag of microwavable popcorn that you purchase, so c’mon guys, follow directions and skip the dumb button.
- Remove the cellophane wrapper from your bag.
- Open microwave door.
- Place it in your microwave with the side labeled “This side up” facing up.
- Close microwave door.
- Set the microwave to something greater than 3 minutes. 4 minutes is a safe number
- Hit “Start” or “Go” or whatever button your microwave has to make it begin the microwaving process.
- Listen carefully; You’ll hear nothing for a while, then you’ll hear a lot of popping. When the popping subsides to 2 or so seconds between pops, hit your “Stop” button.
- Let the bag sit in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Open the microwave and proceed to enjoy your unburned popcorn and minimal unpopped kernels.
Nine steps seems like a lot, but it is a small price to pay to not need to heat oil in a large pot and pop your own kernels.
But seriously, though, buy an air popper, and stop using that stupid button on the microwave.