I guess there was a lot of good in 2010. I’ve been looking back at different things and actually enjoying my memories.
There were many enjoyable karaoke moments, but I figured I’d share some of the ones that play out most to me, in no particular order (other than the order I remember them in)…remember, my karaoke alias became “Hugh McCool” in 2010; it was historically “Hugh McCool,” and, if you’d like to hear that story, I’m sure I will tell it here one day soon…
- Hugh McCool sings “Love Gun” by KISS to Kriskaten
- Mark “The Shark” and Hugh McCool sings “Birthday” by The Beatles to Cute~Ella
- During a disaster of a karaoke night at The Side Door cafe, Hugh McCool substitutes the words “you’re a piece of trash” for “caught in bad romance” to a bunch of frat boys.
- Brian G drops an F bomb during “You Give Love a Bad Name” by Bon Jovi at The Side Door Cafe, where no swearing is allowed.
- Hugh McCool discovers the greatness of “Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey” by Paul and Linda McCartney and sings it at multiple venues.
- Nasty Nick emphasizes every curse word at Muddy’s.
- Hugh McCool gets Mark “The Shark” to acquire “Party Hard” by Andrew WK and “Monkberry Moon Delight” by Paul McCartney.
- Rory performs The Master Karaoke Challenge at Muddy’s, gets a really perverted parody of “Jingle Bell Rock,” and nails it.
I’m sure there are many, many more, and I’ll definitely post more as comments if they come to me.