Those of you who follow along closely know that I was away for a good 10 days on vacation. Most of those days were spent travelling the western Caribbean on Royal Caribbean’s “Allure of the Seas.”
In addition to adventuring around the massive ship (“largest in the world”), we made stops in Labadee (Haiti), Falmouth (Jamaica), and Cozumel (Mexico). We have so many stories and pictures, that it’s almost impossible to even remember everything! So, just to organize everything, I thought I’d give a quick overview of the major events. Because the feedback I get focuses a lot on how much people like the vacation posts, I’m going to hash out some posts with more specifics.
In addition to the endless included food on the cruise, we also took advantage of some of the premium dining experiences that were available on the ship, so those will get the full “derryX Dines” treatment and will make it onto the map which I’m excited about!
So here’s a list of the major stories I have to tell over the next several weeks (contingent with having the time to write this stuff):
- Dining in Baltimore-Washington Airport
- Included (i.e. free) dining on the Allure of the Seas
- Events and activities we were a part of on the Allure of the Seas
- Labadee, Haiti aka the island of Mortal Kombat
- Falmouth, Jamaica aka the place where I discovered Stone’s Original Ginger Wine
- Chef’s Table dinner on the Allure of the Seas
- Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse) on the Allure of the Seas
- Cozumel, Mexico aka Tierra de las Macaras de la Lucha Libre
- Vintages (the tapas and wine bar) on the Allure of the Seas
For now, here are a couple of pictures.